Sunday 7 March 2010

POSTCARDS FROM EWITFR...N

I have a bit of an obsession with Postcards. On my other blog about painting two of the paintings are already of postcards. And as I very rarely update it, that comes to 50% of the blog.

I'm not sure what it is I like about Postcards. Part of it is definitely how antiquated they now feel. The idea of buying a photo, writing on the back, buying a stamp and then finding a post box to put it in does seem like a lot of effort in an age where we can take photos with our phones add some text and then send them to our loved ones at the push of a button.

Because of this the role of the postcard has changed it is now something we buy for ourselves from museum gift shops to blu-tac to our walls or stick to our fridges with magnets to let our friends know all the exciting places we've been and fantastic things we have seen.

Nowadays when a postcard is received I believe it has a far more personal touch than it has ever had before.

I have made a postcard for every date Everybody Was In The French Resistance...Now played on the UK leg of our tour.

Here is the first one it is for London.













They are made of 2 quality 100% cotton canvases (4"x 6"), acrylic paint and sharpie pen.

I'm only making one for each show. If you buy it I will fill in the back with what happened that day. I've also made some stamps to attach and I'll fill in the address.

I will use real stamps and an envelope to send them to you though.

My postcards are both personal and something to stick on your wall to show your friends the fantastic places you have been (the venue we played) and the amazing things you have seen (us)

My postcards cost £35 plus postage. They are only for people who were actually at the gig or really, really intended to be.

A review of the London gig is HERE

If you would like to buy the postcard you can email at eddie.argos.resource@gmail.com

I will be putting up the Nottingham postcard later tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Arg,

Your painting is really coming on, you'll have to show me them next time I'm over.

Nickyx

THE EDDIE ARGOS RESOURCE said...

Yeah come over soon. Sorry I didnt go out last night. Im mad busy at the mo. Hopefully see you before I go away again.

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea. I always insist people send me postcards whenever they go away.

clockworkpurple said...

You should try this: http://www.postcrossing.com/

:)