Saturday 8 November 2008

JET LAGGED

I got back to the UK yesterday from visiting my girlfriend in LA.

Im very very jet lagged.I did manage to stay awake till one AM though hoping I'd manage to sleep all through the night.I didnt I woke up at about three thirty and have been lying here awake ever since.

Whenever I have trouble sleeping it normally comes accompanied with a song going around and around loudly in my head.Is this normal?

This time it's "Fuck The Creditors" a song I watched The Blood Arm record for their new record when I was in LA last week.I've not been able to stop singing the chorus over and over again in my head all night and its loud enough to wake me each time I'm about to fall asleep.

I accidently sung part of the chorus aloud in Somerfield yesterday when i was queing to buy my dinner.The chorus goes "fuck the creditors,they get what they deserve" I think the old lady in the que behind me thoroughly agreed.

Its a very good song.I just wish I could sleep


3 comments:

Thomas Vander Stichele said...

I am plagued by the internal jukebox as well. I consider it my special hero ability. And yes, when one song or album has been on for too long (days on end for example) that one song will keep me up at night as it repeats in my brain.

I'll leave it up to you to decide whether it's a good thing that one day, Emily Kane was on infinite repeat.

said...

Eddie, moi remembers when I
flew-in from L.A., and BOY, WERE MY ARMS TIRED!

*bam-boom-a-crash*

Anywho, if you REALLY want a sleep aid - go to my blog - scroll down to the post entitled "How to ween yourself," - click the third link in that post - download my "XX CS" (Part III) - then crop off movements 7 and 9 and allow movement #8 (Ignore its title) to play/loop over and over at just above your audio threshold and you SHOULD sleep.

I've heard many times that it DOES work and it works for me.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor Hershman

Cate Lawrence said...

yeah jet lag sucks, i fell asleep at the dinner table, not a way to impress the inlaws...